Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Kinley!

Kinley's one....
Can't belive my sweet girl is a year old.  4th of July has always been a super fun holiday, especially since for us, it's ALWAYS spent on Lake Travis.  And this year was no exception, but even more special because we got to celebrate our sweet girl's birthday.  I thought I would dislike Kinley having to share her day with the festivities of the 4th, but here are the reasons it's a great day:
-Daddy is ALWAYS going to be off to share her big day with us
-For a long long time she will believe that those impressive, beautiful fireworks are just for HER birthday =}
-All our friends and family get together for the day, so she will always get 2 parties (what girl doesn't like having numerous parties in honor of her?)  And one party can be red, white and blue, the other pink of course =)
-There will always be a parade and other fun things going on
-She will always be "Little Miss Fourth of July", litterally
So we had a great day on the lake, celebrating our sweet Kinley...

And the party didn't stop there.  We had her real birthday party that next Saturday.  The watermelon theme was so much fun.  I worked my butt off in the kitchen and was pretty happy with the way it all turned out, but I also learned a big lesson - trying to prepare everything took SOOO much more time than I had anticipated (especially having 2 kids to work around!)  Next time, I'll allow much more time to cook (like more than the day before and the day of).  I  had a brief moment of "oh &$#!" though, when it began to POUR 30 minutes before the party was supposed to start and we had plans for slip n' slides, and pools.  It stopped just in time and was hot and humid but the kids still had a blast.  Kinley was a perfectly cute little Watermelon princess and really hammed it up when opening her presents.  She threw on her new pink shades and would laugh and clap.  Too cute! 

Love my girl.  It's been a wonderfully blessed year for us.  I knew I needed a girl...I got her, and now I know why. I love all things girl, I love painting those precious little piggies, I love that she is a senitive little thing, I love her sweet hugs around my neck and that precious, infectious giggle, I love that her big brother is protective over her, I just love being HER Mommy.   I  love my little Kinley to pieces and I thank God every day for giving me her.  I am so looking forward to the years to come =}

Here are a few of my favorite pictures of her birthday party:








And a few of her actual birthday:
Little Miss 4th of July =}
With her BFF



HAPPY BIRTHDAY KINLEY MORGAN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment