Friday, July 20, 2012

Austin Stay-Cation...Part I

Last weekend my dear old Mother offered to keep my little darlings so Hubby and I could have the weekend to oureslves for a late anniversary get-away.  Alone.  As in NO-KIDS-IN-SIGHT.  It was a stay up as late as you want because you can sleep in the next morning, eat out 3 meals a day in peace (like without milk getting spilled, cries for more food, gags because a certain little someone HATES the delicious broccoli you just cooked) just because you can, stroll 6th street and go in tattoo parlors,  and do whatever the heck you want until you check back in on Sunday with Mammy kind of weekend!  And that is just what we did.  We were indulgent (with-in reason), we were lazy, we were spontanious, we enjoyed each others company, without any distractions.  Let's be perfectly honest - I love my kids more that life itself.  I think they are the cutest little beings on the planet.  I love being a stay-at-home Mommy to them and spending coutless hours with them.  I love the good, the bad and the just-plain-ugly moments with them.  But let's also get real: I love my husband. I love spending quality, adult time with my husband.  I love to do things together, just the two of us.  I love being lazy and self-indulgent with him.  Call me crazy but I think in order for us to be good parents, we NEED time to ourselves and time for each other.  And with that said, I am sooooooo beyond lucky that I have a mom of my own who knows just how necessary spending alone time is.  And since we didn't have time or $$ to go on a "real" vacation, we decided on a nice little stay-cation in Austin.  And I'm so glad we did.  We had a blast.  We got to spend one very late evening dowtown with my brother and his awesome wife, who were also celebrating thier 10th anniversary.  We get along great, and I love spending time with them, and because they live in Ft. Worth, it's rare that we get to.  We slept in the next day and didn't leave the hotel room till noon.  We dined on some fabulous, melt-in-your-mouth food, looked at tattoos (which I DID NOT end up getting, more on that later), and lounged by the pool, followed by another fabolous meal that night.  All-in-all, a fantastic, much needed weekend!  And in case your wondering why the title of this post is Austin Stay-cation part one, it's because there most definitley will be a part two....hopefully not too far away =} 

Vince Young Steakhouse....YUM!


Happy 7 Years! 

With Cody &7 Jennifer

Love My Sister-in-law

Our amazing view of Lady Bird Lake & Downtown

Love this man...

No comments:

Post a Comment