Saturday, March 31, 2012

This and That

LIFE....
has been busy, busy, busy lately! We're all moved in and slowly getting settled into our new "home away from home" in Lago Vista. The whole thing has gone much smooter than I expected. The kids have adjusted well, they're sleeping good (for the most part) and we've almost upacked all our belongings. Jackson tells me every day "I just want to go home Mom...to Jackson's house." I then tell him that Neena's house is where we live now, while we wait for the workers to build us a new house. Every time his respose is "Our house is broken Mom, we're getting a new house." Haha, even though he's prefectly happy here, he just doesn't get why we need a new house. The other one must be broken if we need a new one =} So cute.
KINLEY.....
has a dr. apt. on Monday with the ENT to look at and discuss getting tubes. We're actually already on the schedule for the following Tuesday for surgery. Poor baby girl is going into a 30 day stretch of being on antibiotics for double ear infections. She just can't catch a break with her ears. The dr. told us it's most likely anatomy, which makes perfect sense because I had several sets of tubes after constant ear infections as a kid. Hopefully all the infections will soon be a distant memory for her (and us!) She's been irritable, not sleeping well and fussier than her usual happy-go-lucky self, so I know this is what's best for her! She still continues to amaze me. She is just a smily little ball of chub! She's 22.7 lbs (whoa Nelly!!!), crawling (military style), and has 2 1/2 teeth. She's got the cutest little personality and seriously brings me so much JOY! Love this little girl so much, I've decided I need one more.....in about 2 more years =}
JACKSON...
is just his same silly little energetic self. He cracks me up daily. He's still going to his Mother's Day out twice a week and really enjoys going to church on Thursday mornings while I go to a bible study. He's started asking me, "What day is it Mom?" and then proceeds to tell me what we have going that day (It's a stay-at-home and play day, Mom," etc. He's a smart little cookie. He loves to sing, and of course still loves his cars and trains and books. He loves his baby sister (until she takes his toy away) and is starting to understand more when we tell him she's just a baby and she's still learning. He is fully potty trained! Pretty much even night trained too, which is so great! He's such a big boy and I'm so proud of him. It's nice to only buy diapers for one kid and I'm already thinking about how nice it will be to only have one kid in swim diapers this summer. Those things are expensive! My favorite thing about him at this age is how every night (before I even tell him), he tells me, "Mommy, I love you abigwholebunchdeeperthantheocean!" And yes, it's strung together, exactly like that...so dang cute! Love my boy!
PATRICK...
still loves his job got a promotion and a nice big bonus as well. I am so proud of him and all his hard work...and it came just in time for all those lovely little upgrades on our new house! Way to go Daddy!
I...
am just trucking along. Nothing new or exciting, just trying to lose weight....a never ending battle it seems. And I'm dreading the thought that bathing suit season is just aaround the corner, and I am So. Not. Ready. Ug! I wasn't blessed with good genes in the weight department, and I also wasn't blessed with the ability to somehow "forget to eat." I hate when people say, "I am just so busy I forget to eat!" Why, oh why, as busy as I am, do I not just forget to eat? Nope, somehow I always remember that I'm hungry. In the meantime, I'm trying really hard to tell myself that a salad for almost every meal isn't that bad. Yeah right =} Anyway, life is good...hopefully the next time I blog I'll be able to say that I've hit a ten mile mark. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you on those people who "forget" to eat. I don't get it! I feel like my whole day revolves around what I'm going to eat for my three meals. Once you move in to your new house we will have to go on walks together or something so I can at least get a little exercise!

    ReplyDelete