Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Homemade Baby Food


So the past couple of weeks I have been experimenting with making my own baby food. I did it primarliy for 3 reasons: 1. I can give Jackson way more of a variety of food if I make it myself; for example you can only buy 5 different kinds of veggies and fruits at the store, and I would like my child to taste everything and hope that he will not be ridiculously picky in his childhood years like I was. I made sweet potatoes, 2 kinds of squash, nectarines, peaches, plums, mangos, apples, pears, and avacado. 2. It is a lot cheaper; 2 sweet potatoes made 16 servings! And since I chose to stop breastfeeding and formula is crazy expensive, I thought I could contribute my time by making my own. 3. I am a stay-at-home mom and I feel like I have no excuse for NOT making my own. I'm not lazy (it is work), and I figured I could set aside some of my personal time to make nutritous food for my son. And I have to admit, it was kind of fun. Time consuming, but fun, none-the-less! So here's to happy, healthy eating for my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment